Brand new for 2016 – The Underclass Tryouts and Tournament has expanded to include rising high school freshman (2020) AND has added an additional regional team.
Each region will feature the Command and Highlight Divisions. The Command Division will showcase players from the 2019 and 2020 high school graduation years, while the Highlight Division will feature the 2017 and 2018 players.
The regional teams will be selected via tryouts during the months of May and June. Once selected the Underclass teams will travel to Baltimore, MD and compete in the Under Armour Underclass Tournament, June 30th – July 3rd. Each team will battle it out in a pool play tournament at the Under Armour All-America Lacrosse Weekend to be crowned the Nations’ Elite
Regions Include: Baltimore, Long Island (NY) Upstate New York, Midwest, Philadelphia, New England, New Jersey, South, Southwest, Washington, D.C., West
Each player must register and tryout for their geographic region*. Players will be judged by a panel of knowledgeable sources including coaching experts from that region. Each team will consist of a maximum of 22 players and will be chosen based on position and their performance at that day’s tryout. Teams will be announced 48 hours after the tryout.
In an effort to continue the highly successful concept of the Under Armour Underclass Tournament and Tryouts we have created a set of guidelines and procedures that will help foster an environment of inclusionary fairness for all players. The tryout is intended to select the top 22 players regardless of what school, state, or club team they are affiliated with.
– Players are randomly assigned jersey numbers and teams for the tryout
– Teams will rotate equally through all the fields
– Each team will be assigned an evaluator to coach a particular team. Along with the floating evaluators, all players will be evaluated based on certain criteria.
– Each evaluator will be provided an evaluation sheet that consists of tryout numbers and position. No player data will be expressed on the evaluator sheets.
– At the end of the first session or night, all evaluators and coaches will meet and establish a ‘watch list’ of the top 50-75 players depending on the total number of participants
– No player is locked in to the ‘watch list’ and can be bumped in or out depending on their performance at the second session/night.
– Towards the end of the tryout the final top 50/75 will be posted or called out. At that time a final top 50/75 game(s) will be played
– At the end of the tryout all evaluators will meet to discuss all players and select the final 22 players.
– A Corrigan Sports representative will lead the discussion and put players ‘on the board’
– No coach (high school or club) may mention one of their own players
– Players will be evaluated on their performance at the tryout
– The final 22 player roster must have two (2) goalies, but can be comprised of any other combination of Attack, Midfield, and Defense. (ex/ 6 Att, 8 Mid, 6 Def)
– Once the final roster is selected the Uncommitted players will be selected
– The final roster will be posted within 48 hours of the team being selected, and invitation emails will be sent out.
– Players selected to the 22 player roster must have registered and checked in on the first day of the tryout. No exceptions.
College Coaches from DI, DII & DIII lacrosse programs will be invited to attend both the regional tryouts as well as the games in Baltimore. Participants who play in the Underclass Tournament will have the inside track to being exposed to the selection committee of the Under Armour All-America team which they will be eligible for once they are seniors. All participants will receive an Under Armour Tech T and Under Armour tryout pinnie at check-in. Players that make the final rosters will receive a custom Under Armour All-America event gear package and a ticket to the All-America games.
First Scout will be available to provide professional game filming and highlights. To signup, please visit www.firstscout.tv/uaaa-tryouts-2016 * Please note, First Scout will be the only video company allowed on-site.
Boys and girls who, in July 2016, will have just completed their 8th grade (grad. year 2020), freshmen (grad. year 2019), sophomore (grad year 2018) or junior (grad year 2017) high school season. You must live within the geographic region* for the team you are trying out for and be in good academic standing.
Each tryout will be split into the Command (2019 and 2020) and Highlight (2017 and 2018) divisions
Tryouts are open to any players, no recommendation is needed.
REFUND POLICY: Refunds will only be issued due to injury with a doctor’s note.
*These are recommended locations. The athlete has the choice to tryout for any region, which is most convenient for their schedule. For instance – If you go to school in a different State then your hometown, you may tryout in either location. However, whatever region you tryout for, is the Region you will represent if you make the team.
|Region||States, Areas, Provinces|
|Long Island||Long Island, NY|
|Midwest||IA, IL, IN, KY, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, ND, OH, OK, SD,WI, WV|
|New England||CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT|
|New Jersey||NJ, DE|
|South||AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN|
|Southwest||AZ, AR, CO, NM, OK, TX|
|Upstate New York||NY (except Long Island)|
|Washington, D.C.||D.C., MD, VA|
|West||AK, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, WA, WY, UT|